Hello! Many of us don’t make a difference between a goal and resolution. Me too, I didn’t know the difference until 5 minutes ago. A goal is something measurable – when it’s achieved you can mark it as completed. Examples: don’t eat chocolate for a month, go to Paris, get a puppy, read 30 books. A resolution is something you can’t measure, it’s more like a mindset: eat healthier, travel more, read more. With that being said, lets move to my goals and resolutions for this year.
- Read 30 books – In 2017 I read 18 books and I have 4-5 half read books. So, I believe that in 2018 I will manage to read 30 books. It’s not a big number, if you’re a reader.
- Travel to Spain, Portugal, Italy or Greece – In 2017 I had my first airplane flight and I can’t wait for my next adventure abroad. These countries were in my travel list for so long and I believe that 2018 is going to be the year I see one, and why not 2 of them.
- Go vegan for 2 weeks – my eating habits for the last couple of months are getting better and better. 80% of the food I eat is healthy, but I want to cut off meat and dairy foods to see if there’s going to be any difference in the way I feel.
- Create 100 blogposts – I want to be consistent in blogging so much this year. In 2017 instead to be productive I have spent 80% of my free time watching movies. I hope in 2018 I will change this. I have a lot of photos taken, they are just waiting for me to edit them and to write.
- Create 50 videos – Last year I started making YouTube videos. 6 exactly. The problem with me is that I’m a perfectionist and I want my videos to be ideal. I know that as a beginner in making videos I can’t have the quality nor the equipment of a popular youtuber. But still… I want them to be perfect 😀
- Improve my Spanish – I have a very basic knowledge of Spanish (A1). From all the Spanish songs I listened to in 2017 I want to learn this language so much and go to Spain and practice it.
- Listen, watch and read more French – last year I didn’t do anything of these and I really want to keep my level for the moment I have the chance to go to France.
- Popularize my blog and YouTube channel – 2018 is going to be my blog development year. I have some specific numbers in mind, but I think they’re less or more unrealistic for the moment.
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.
What I achieved in 2017
2017 was a successful year for me. I achieved 75% of what I planned in the beginning of the year. You can read my original post here.
Visit Istanbul or Edinburgh – On November we went to Scotland and it was amazing. I still ha
ven’t write anything about it, but I will in the upcoming weeks, I promise. I loved it there and will go back someday, but alas it’s not a place I want to live in.
Buy our first car – We did it in April and I even drive it once or twice a week. I’m still scared to drive in traffic, but I’m getting closer to that.
Start a YouTube channel – Another success. I have 6 uploaded videos. You can check them here and you can subscribe to my channel.
Start a side job/freelance work – Okay, that was a fail. I registered on some site, but nothing happened from there. For the moment I won’t do anything about this, I will concentrate on my blog.
Read at least 20 books – I managed to read 18 books and I have 4-5 half read books so for me this is a success. I’m proud that I managed to read all Harry Potter books in 2017. And if you’re a fan of the series, you know that they are big books.
Exercise!!! – This was 50/50 achieved. I had a 4-month gym membership and I went there 3-4 times a week, but I didn’t enjoy it. I tried to walk more, so that I can compensate the lack of exercises. Let me know in the comment below what’s your favorite way to stay in shape.
Eat healthier – Another success. In June we started bringing homemade food to work, so almost all the food we eat is healthy. Except for those days when I want to eat all the chocolate in the world. Kris on the other side doesn’t eat junk at all.
Make some time in the morning and in the evening for me – This was also achieved halfway. There were days I managed to read, varnish my nails, get my hair done and days when I didn’t have the desire to do anything and just watch a movie. That’s called balance. 🙂
What are your goals and resolutions for 2018?